As our (Senior) Medical Writer (SMW) you will support our clients and internal team by (co)-creating and publishing medical/scientific papers concerning our technology (HTA) and the different uses cases of real-world data. You will be client facing and have the opportunity to work collaboratively across our team. As SMW, you will lead projects, write publications, collaborate with key opinion leaders and mentor colleagues. As a SMW, you will work directly with our chief medical officer.
· Create clinical and scientific relevant content and documents including manuscripts, abstracts, posters, oral presentations and slide sets throughout their lifecycle.
· Create and own a research pipeline with clear KPI’s over different therapeutic area’s.
· Independently write first drafts with input from lead author.
· Coordinate or complete journal/abstract submissions, adhering to journal and congress requirements.
· Perform Project Management responsibilities including: managing specific details of a project, coordinating with the authors, scheduling and participating in scientific meetings, showing excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
· Coordinate with lead author to prepare outlines and timelines.
· Manage and drive document reviews and address comments. Facilitate comment resolution discussions with the different authors.
· Obtain and retain required documentation policies for publication.
· Standardize the validation and methodology framework to assess and describe our technology platform for further research.
· BS/BA degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required; PhD, MD or PharmD is a plus.
· 3+ years of experience as a medical writer with a minimum of 3 medical publications in peer reviewed journals across different therapeutic areas.
· Knowledge of the regulatory industry in EU/ US and abroad, remaining up to date with changes in different therapeutic areas.
· Knowledge/Interest about natural language processing tools and its use in the real-world evidence space.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
· Knowledge about validating publication guidelines and specifications.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to work across an organization, facilitate discussions with clients and client authors and key opinion leaders within an industry.
· Analytical skills to anticipate client's needs, to identify where improvements can be made and to offer suggestions.
· Maintain industry knowledge, identify and adopt work practices that are the most effective to ensure consistency in performance.
· Proactive, looking further than the standard to identify new use cases on how real-world data and our technology can benefit healthcare.
· You will work in a fast-growing clinical data & analytics company based in Leuven (Belgium), where initiative is valued and personal/professional growth is supported.
· You will be part of a young team of 30+ colleagues, consisting of a mix of clinicians and data scientists, and work on challenging projects together with physicians.
· As we are a young company, you will have the opportunity to help shape the company’s future.
· Attractive salary package, incl. extra-legal benefits such as a company car & fuel card, hospitalisation insurance, group insurance, meal-vouchers, net cost-allowance, reimbursement of mobile telco subscription, and your own company laptop.
· Hybrid working; partly in the office and partly work-from-home.
· Trainings & seminars with your team.
· You will work directly with our chief medical officer.